Mar 19, 2007

Justin.tv

A creative guy named Justin started a company with three of his friends called Justin.tv. The company will broadcast live video feeds of people, what I'm calling "live video blogging." For now, he's filming his own life 24/7 on the site. Here's his own description of the company and site:

"I am broadcasting live video of my life 24/7 to the internet. I started Justin.tv because I thought it would awesome for people to see what it was like to be Justin.

I convinced three of my friends (Emmett, Michael, and Kyle) to join me out in San Francisco. Now, we're starting a company to make broadcasting live video on the web easy.
You can embed the live feed into your own site or watch it on his site which blows my mind.

Here's what Techcrunch said about it:
"The long term goal of the project is to create an affordable live mobile video platform they can use to recruit other live bloggers. They already have plans to loan out the technology to a group tracking the Iowa local caucuses and have also set their sights on tracking some musicians."
Idea
I love the idea of video blogging, but the way my set-up is, I have to film it, return home, edit it, wait for it's shrinkage into net-size files, then wait while it uploads. Right now I am signed up with Hipcast.com which allows me to make audio posts on the road and have them automatically post to an rss feed. What if I could do the same with video?

Idea
I'll be in San Francisco in June performing Improv Cabaret at the San Fran Improv Festival. I wonder if I could get him/pay him to film my show and have it streaming live. So cool.

Source: Buzz Out Loud Podcast

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?