Oct 15, 2006

Et tu Firefox?

Does this blog look as crappy on Firefox for you as it does for me? My God, everything is centered, the podcasts are at the bottom of the page, and the last embedded video ends up in the top right hand corner. Luckily I am not a programmer or this would make me look really bad. Even so, how does one fix this when using blogger? It's an automatic tool. There are no directions included with it, like, "If you want to view this in Firefox, add this special secret code. Shouldn't that already be there? I think I probably deleted some code while constantly editing the menu...which is now so far below the fold you'd have to read every single post to find it.

10-22-06 UPDATE: I removed every single embedded video and replaced them with links. That cleared up the problem. I am glad the blog looks normal now, but I miss having embedded video. Now readers will be taken away from the blog when they want to watch a video I am talking about, and who knows if they'll come back? Oh well, you gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

2 comments:

Pretentious Fucks Alliance said...

Wow, dude. I am betting there is some copy+paste code in there that is screwing everything up. I tried to paste a CrapTube video on my blog the other day and it broke the whole layout.

I would be glad to take a look at it, because Blogger is actually a static web page. You can change all of the code if you want, from the posts to the layout. You just don't have any control over the feeds.

I need to talk to you about something anyway, and we should do that web entrepreneur thing Wednesday.

Pretentious Fucks Alliance said...

Also, I just noticed on my Blogger settings page that Google is offering a beta test of the next version of blogger, which promises drag-and-drop template editing.

 
Who links to my website?